The Twitter accounts of two more companies -- Newsweek and the International Business Times -- were compromised on Tuesday, showing Twitter's attractiveness to hackers despite its cybersecurity features.
Qualcomm pays $975 billion fine in China ... HP buys cloud security company ... Now you can set up a drone no-fly zone ... and more news.
Governments are becoming hungrier for Twitter data, increasing the number of requests for user information by 40 percent between the first half and the second half of 2014.
Twitter is fighting hard to maintain a healthy growth rate, and Apple apparently hasn't been doing much to help.
Twitter nearly doubled its revenue last quarter, handsomely beating forecasts, but it continues to battle slow user growth.
Health insurer gets hacked ... Twitter's Costolo says the trolls are out ... Silk Road mastermind is guilty ... and more news
To eliminate fake social media accounts that impersonate public figures, the Chinese government has issued new rules that go much further and outlaw anonymity in blogs, social networks, discussion forums and IM services.
Twitter, hungry for growth, is trying to make it easier for new users to find value in its service.
Twitter's Vine video service has released a cute new app for kids, but let's get real: This is a gateway drug.
France threatens net companies with draft law ... U.S. shakes privacy stick at Internet of Things ... Apple Watch to ship in April... and more
French president François Hollande wants to hold social media companies accountable for hate speech spread on their services.
Things are about to get testy between the Snapchat ghost and Twitter's birdie as the popular Internet companies invade each other's space: Twitter has launched a private group messaging feature, while Snapchat added news content.
Prognostications about Microsoft killing the desktop in Windows 10 are coming true -- but only for the smallest of tablets.
Box shares start trading ... EU wants encryption keys ... Uber agrees to get a license ... and more
Twitter users will easier time reading tweets not in their native language thanks to a new translation feature powered by Bing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC