A new Website with the tongue-in-cheek name PleaseRobMe.com seeks to highlight the potential danger of updating the world, via social networking sites, on your every move.
Google has started incorporating into its search results status updates that MySpace users have posted publicly.
A popular Twitter application used to measure the influence of Twitter users has been hacked and used to send spam messages.
Your friends and family are on Twitter, as are celebrities and even astronauts, so why shouldn't your dog be on as well? That will soon happen thanks to an iPhone application that "translates" dog barks into English and tweets them out to the world.
Ever wanted to ask an orbiting astronaut what it's really like up there? Is the food any good? Can you sleep well in zero-g? And, of course, is that urine recycler still acting up?
Google plans to tweak Gmail to make it easier for its users to post and share status updates, in an attempt to inject the Web mail service with social-networking capabilities popularized by Twitter and Facebook, according to The Wall Street Journal.
An analysis of real-world online behaviour has warned of the unsettling phenomenon that led to this week's high-profile Twitter login scare. Far too many people re-use the same logins for more than one site.
Jonathan Schwartz announced his resignation as CEO of Sun Microsystems in a message sent via Twitter early Thursday.
Twitter required some users to reset their passwords on Tuesday after discovering that their log-in information may have been harvested via security-compromised torrent Web sites, the company said.
According to researchers at Kaspersky Lab, cybercriminals are trying to sell hacked Twitter user names and passwords on-line for hundreds of dollars.
People logging on to their Twitter accounts this morning found a new feature waiting for them.
Twitter appears to have mostly held up under the barrage of tweets hitting the micro-blogging site during Apple's announcement of the iPad today.
Operators of Web site dedicated to those who seek social-media death with dignity say that Facebook is taking a more Hippocratic approach to the idea of killing one's online identities with a few keystrokes. They say the social-networking giant has k...
The number of Twitter users has climbed to a lofty 75 million, but the growth rate of new users is slowing and a lot of current Twitterers are inactive, according to a study released today.
As if joining Twitter and rejoining Facebook in the same week weren't enough, Bill Gates has now launched a Web site on which he can share his thoughts.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW