Yahoo will begin inserting Twitter posts directly into its general Web search results page on Thursday, expanding on an initial integration of Twitter into its search engine.
As the year draws to a close, we thought about the memorable quotes related to IT and offer, in no particular order, 15 that stuck with us.
Middleware vendor Tibco said Monday it is preparing to release Tibbr, a messaging system with strong echoes of the popular Twitter microblogging service.
Twitter has built a mobile site from scratch for its social networking and microblogging service, acknowledging that the current one, while reliable, has an unimpressive user interface and a modest feature set.
Microsoft has launched a microblog-style service in China based on Windows Live Messenger, expanding the social-networking functions linked to the chat software in a country where it is a hit.
The dramatic leap in the use of social networks this year has extended to the language that surrounds them.
Can you tell which of the following tweets is from a small but rapidly growing company?
Micro-blogging site Twitter is having a positive effect on the number of consumers using their mobile phone to access the web, says Novarra.
Open-source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange plans to open its e-mail inbox to messages from social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Twitter is now allowing its externally built applications to provide geolocation features to end-users, after announcing its intention to do so in August.
Yahoo has enhanced its Web search engine's news "shortcuts" by adding Twitter posts, photos and videos to them, the company announced Thursday.
A flaw in the protocol used to secure communications over the Internet could have been used to hack Twitter accounts, according to an IBM security researcher.
The use of social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook to promote businesses has exploded over the past six months, according to the results of a study that were released today.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Siemens is invoking the model of iPhone-application development by opening a site in Amazon's cloud to encourage creation of unified communications apps, priming the pump with a mashup it created that mixes its UC gear with Twitter.
How much would you pay for a mobile device that does only one thing: Send and receive Tweets? A company called Peek is betting $199 and has created just such a device.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW