Uber should treat its drivers in the U.K. as employees, paying them at least minimum wage from the moment they are available to work until they log off, and providing them with paid time off, a London employment tribunal has ruled.
Uber today announced that some customers in Pittsburgh will find themselves in its first self-driving vehicles; meanwhile, Boston's mayor said he wants his city wants to welcome the testing of autonomous vehicles.
Self-driving Ubers are now arriving in Pittsburgh as the company tests out its autonomous car development
Uber wants to be first to market with driverless cars and replace its human-powered fleet of drivers with robots.
"No math, no surprises," Uber promises.
Uber just announced that its UberRush delivery service is now available to any business, and can be easily integrated into an existing website or mobile app.
Uber will begin real-world tests of self-driving car technology in the coming weeks, putting a custom Ford Fusion onto the streets of Pittsburgh.
Taxi payment company, ingogo, has introduced fixed fares in an attempt to change the taxi booking process by doing away with traditional metered fares.
Uber Technologies faces more class-action lawsuits from drivers seeking reclassification as employees, even as its settlement in two other suits with drivers in California and Massachusetts has been submitted to a judge for approval.
Optus has partnered with Uber to bring in-car 4G Wi-Fi for selected Uber vehicles.
The ACCC given the green light to smartphone taxi booking app, ihail, almost six months after blocking the app over concerns it would reduce competition.
Uber is speeding up its expansion plans for China. Over the next year, the company will enter 100 additional cities in the country.
Uber has tweaked one of the features in its app after it was shown to let sensitive trip data become publicly accessible through Google.
On Thursday, a site-specific search on Google for trip.uber.com produced dozens of links to Uber rides that have been completed and cancelled, in countries around the world including the U.S., England, Russia, France and Mexico.
The incident, and others like it, have heightened concerns around the safety of Uber and its screening procedures for drivers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystOther
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- FTProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC