Cisco is planning to buy femtocell maker Ubiquisys for US$310 million in cash and retention-based incentives, the company announced on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, femtocell maker Ubiquisys announced an agreement with Intel to develop a new generation of small base stations that will allow operators to push content to the edge of their networks.
Chip maker Texas Instruments and femtocell developer Ubiquisys will collaborate on the development of small base stations designed to help operators handle growing data volumes, they said on Wednesday.
Femtocell maker Ubiquisys has developed a new type of small base station for 3G mobile phones that it calls an attocell. Plugged into a laptop PC with Internet access, it allows 3G phones to bypass international roaming charges and make phone calls a...
The wholesale cost of a femtocell has dropped below US$100 and that will help give the sector a boost, femtocell vendor Ubiquisys said on Tuesday.
Ubiquisys said Monday that it is aiming for a fourth quarter release of consumer and business versions of its next-generation femtocell, the G3, designed to offer mobile broadband download speeds up to 21.6M bps (bits per second).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC