Cisco is planning to buy femtocell maker Ubiquisys for US$310 million in cash and retention-based incentives, the company announced on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, femtocell maker Ubiquisys announced an agreement with Intel to develop a new generation of small base stations that will allow operators to push content to the edge of their networks.
Chip maker Texas Instruments and femtocell developer Ubiquisys will collaborate on the development of small base stations designed to help operators handle growing data volumes, they said on Wednesday.
Femtocell maker Ubiquisys has developed a new type of small base station for 3G mobile phones that it calls an attocell. Plugged into a laptop PC with Internet access, it allows 3G phones to bypass international roaming charges and make phone calls a...
The wholesale cost of a femtocell has dropped below US$100 and that will help give the sector a boost, femtocell vendor Ubiquisys said on Tuesday.
Ubiquisys said Monday that it is aiming for a fourth quarter release of consumer and business versions of its next-generation femtocell, the G3, designed to offer mobile broadband download speeds up to 21.6M bps (bits per second).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- AI should enhance, not replace, humans, say CEOs of IBM and Microsoft
- Sensitive access tokens and keys found in hundreds of Android apps
- Microsoft's first tethered Windows 10 VR headsets to ship in March
- Terrorists are winning the digital arms race, experts say
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC