Philadelphia is set to use a slew of Salesforce.com technologies in order to create a next-generation version of its 311 system for public information and citizen reporting of nonemergency situations around the city.
Unisys is phasing out its decades-old mainframe processor, which lags behind in speed and scalability compared to newer chips.
The Belgian Ministry of Finance said Friday that IT services and technology firm Unisys has failed to deliver on a project to modernize the Belgian tax system.
As many as 5,000 workers at the U.S. Department of Energy's Idaho National Laboratory will be the latest government workers to start using Google Apps.
More people are bringing their own tablets and smartphones to work but IT departments have been slow to support them and may not even be aware of the trend, according to a report funded by Unisys and conducted by IDC.
Idaho may be out millions of dollars due to problems with a new system for processing Medicaid claims, according to a legislative auditor's report <a href="http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/ope/publications/reports/r1105.pdf">released this week</a>.
Unisys is packaging together existing and a few new consulting and management services in order to help enterprises better manage various cloud implementations.
Unisys on Tuesday introduced a dedicated, hosted computing service that lets customers quickly add extra capacity for short-term use, a feature Unisys says is unique among what it calls "hosted private clouds."
Storage vendor EMC today announced it has completed the purchase of privately-help virtual tape library (VTL) vendor Bus-Tech for an undisclosed amount.
Unisys has introduced a homegrown virtualization technology to boost performance for certain workloads on its ClearPath mainframe systems, including "modern" applications such as Java servers and PHP programs.
Unisys plans to offer a hosted test and development environment later this year for users of its ClearPath mainframe systems, a precursor to offering hosted production environments in the future, the company said this week.
Unisys announced Monday software and services that will enable organizations to deploy and run their own internal private clouds, as part of its strategy to offer customers a variety of cloud computing options.
Unisys is introducing a new service on Wednesday that will allow its customers to better manage, secure and support mobile devices carried around by employees, company executives said on Tuesday.
Unisys has come up with an encryption-based method that lets "communities of interest" using Microsoft Windows securely share data based on group policies in a product called Unisys Stealth Solution for Network.
NEC and Unisys have revealed the first fruits of their research collaboration by launching a high-end server.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD