Semiconductor companies in Taiwan plan to hire thousands of new employees on the island this year to meet the fast-growing global consumer demand for smartphones and tablet PCs.
Taiwan's major semiconductor manufacturers, a crucial link in the global tech supply chain, scrambled on Monday to gauge how their access to raw materials from Japanese suppliers will be affected by the powerful earthquake in Japan.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is expanding capacity this year following recent unexpected demand from customers including Apple suppliers, it said Wednesday
United Microelectronics (UMC), the world's second-largest contract chip maker, saw revenue for 2010 increase 35.9 percent over 2009. Robust demand for a range of consumer electronics including smartphones drove the growth.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- TreasuryNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC