Semiconductor companies in Taiwan plan to hire thousands of new employees on the island this year to meet the fast-growing global consumer demand for smartphones and tablet PCs.
Taiwan's major semiconductor manufacturers, a crucial link in the global tech supply chain, scrambled on Monday to gauge how their access to raw materials from Japanese suppliers will be affected by the powerful earthquake in Japan.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is expanding capacity this year following recent unexpected demand from customers including Apple suppliers, it said Wednesday
United Microelectronics (UMC), the world's second-largest contract chip maker, saw revenue for 2010 increase 35.9 percent over 2009. Robust demand for a range of consumer electronics including smartphones drove the growth.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCService EngineerVIC