Semiconductor companies in Taiwan plan to hire thousands of new employees on the island this year to meet the fast-growing global consumer demand for smartphones and tablet PCs.
Taiwan's major semiconductor manufacturers, a crucial link in the global tech supply chain, scrambled on Monday to gauge how their access to raw materials from Japanese suppliers will be affected by the powerful earthquake in Japan.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is expanding capacity this year following recent unexpected demand from customers including Apple suppliers, it said Wednesday
United Microelectronics (UMC), the world's second-largest contract chip maker, saw revenue for 2010 increase 35.9 percent over 2009. Robust demand for a range of consumer electronics including smartphones drove the growth.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's new algorithm will help save VR movies from shaky-cam
- Acer's new Chromebook is designed to welcome Android apps
- Adobe patches critical vulnerability in ColdFusion application server
- Opening up Z-Wave code may help to make IoT hum
- Acer is betting your pets need gadgets too
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTMobility Developers x 4 (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW