UNICEF is best known for its children's aid efforts, but it turns out that the U.N. agency has an small arsenal of surprisingly innovative gadgets that it uses to improve the lives of underprivileged kids and families worldwide.
A United Nations panel has approved a resolution that would have its General Assembly call on states to respect and protect the right to privacy in the digital age.
Following reports about U.S. surveillance worldwide, a United Nations panel adopted Tuesday a resolution on potential threats to human rights such as the right to privacy in the digital age.
A coalition of five privacy and digital rights groups is pushing the United Nations to take a stand against international surveillance programs deployed by the U.S. government and some allies.
Five human rights groups urged the United Nations (UN) General Assembly to adopt a new resolution against indiscriminate mass surveillance.
An Internet governance model that includes businesses and civil-society groups in the decision-making process remains the best approach, despite a push from some countries for a more government-centric model, officials with the Internet Corporation f...
Women and girls lag behind men in Internet access in many parts of the world, causing them to miss out on the economic and social benefits of being online, according to a new report from Intel.
A group of U.S. representatives has asked the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to delay its plan to begin rolling out new generic top-level domains in early 2012.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has reached an agreement on ways to measure the impact of IT systems on the environment, in an effort to standardize the widely varying estimates now in use, the group said Wednesday.
Traditional helpers in disaster relief, such as the U.N. and world governments, provided aid after a massive earthquake devastated Haiti in January 2010, leveled Port-au-Prince, claimed 230,000 lives and <a href="http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organi...
The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights said she is concerned over reports of government pressure on Internet service providers and other companies to stop doing business with WikiLeaks.
Developing countries need to prepare for an avalanche of e-waste generated by PCs, consumer electronics and appliances, the United Nations said in a study released Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCChange AnalystNSW