Gaming platform company Unity Technologies is doubling down on improving its software quality, and letting developers know what it has planned for the future with a new public roadmap.
Virtual reality headsets such as the Oculus Rift will never make it big without lots of content. To help developers build games for such platforms, Unity Technologies has begun adding VR-specific features to its suite of cross-platform development to...
A researcher is warning that a gaming plug-in installed on over 200 million PCs contains a flaw that could let attackers steal users' data from websites they're logged into, such as their Web mail and social networking accounts.
Game developers can prepare to create apps for Windows Phone 8.1 with a beta program from Unity Technologies.
Mozilla and Unity Technologies are collaborating to make it easier for developers to create games that will run smoothly in a browser without plugins, thanks to technologies such as WebGL.
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop games for the Sony PlayStation Vita to version 4.3 of its cross-platform toolset.
Unity has finally added integrated support for developing 2D games with the availability of version 4.3 of its toolset.
Unity Technologies is working on adding the ability to simplify 2D game creation using its cross-platform development tools, and has also worked with Facebook to make it easier for users to integrate Facebook in their games, the company announced at ...
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop for Android and iOS games for free using its platform.
Unity Technologies will soon extend its cross-platform game development tools with an open beta trial targeting the BlackBerry 10 OS. It is inviting developers to register now to be among the first to get access.
Unity Technologies has opened a beta program for Windows Phone 8 apps, and is inviting experienced developers to start testing.
Cross-platform development frameworks such as Apache Cordova, Sencha Touch and Xamarin.Mobile are all compatible with Windows Phone 8, making it easier to create apps for the new OS while at the same time developing apps for other platforms.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- FTOperations Support Analyst (Business Process Improvement) Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA