Gaming platform company Unity Technologies is doubling down on improving its software quality, and letting developers know what it has planned for the future with a new public roadmap.
Virtual reality headsets such as the Oculus Rift will never make it big without lots of content. To help developers build games for such platforms, Unity Technologies has begun adding VR-specific features to its suite of cross-platform development to...
A researcher is warning that a gaming plug-in installed on over 200 million PCs contains a flaw that could let attackers steal users' data from websites they're logged into, such as their Web mail and social networking accounts.
Game developers can prepare to create apps for Windows Phone 8.1 with a beta program from Unity Technologies.
Mozilla and Unity Technologies are collaborating to make it easier for developers to create games that will run smoothly in a browser without plugins, thanks to technologies such as WebGL.
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop games for the Sony PlayStation Vita to version 4.3 of its cross-platform toolset.
Unity has finally added integrated support for developing 2D games with the availability of version 4.3 of its toolset.
Unity Technologies is working on adding the ability to simplify 2D game creation using its cross-platform development tools, and has also worked with Facebook to make it easier for users to integrate Facebook in their games, the company announced at ...
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop for Android and iOS games for free using its platform.
Unity Technologies will soon extend its cross-platform game development tools with an open beta trial targeting the BlackBerry 10 OS. It is inviting developers to register now to be among the first to get access.
Unity Technologies has opened a beta program for Windows Phone 8 apps, and is inviting experienced developers to start testing.
Cross-platform development frameworks such as Apache Cordova, Sencha Touch and Xamarin.Mobile are all compatible with Windows Phone 8, making it easier to create apps for the new OS while at the same time developing apps for other platforms.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FAA setting up advisory panel on drones led by Intel CEO
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW