UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
Six from China charged in US IP theft... ARM teams with Unicef on wearables... Microsoft previewing new Office for Android apps... and more tech news.
Three Japanese who succeeded in inventing efficient blue light-emitting diodes (LEDs) where many companies had failed have won the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Researchers have developed mobile robots that can use Wi-Fi signals to effectively "see through" walls. It's raising the possibility of flying drones using the technology to see inside buildings.
Fumbling around for your near-vision glasses to read the tablet screen? University researchers may have come up with a way to alleviate that problem.
Supercomputing speed is typically boosted by adding more processors, but two new systems funded by the National Science Foundation due to go live next January will take an unconventional approach to speed up calculations and data analysis.
Flash storage can be a big power consumer in mobile devices, but it's not the flash that sucks up all that energy, it's the software that goes with it, according to researchers from the University of California at San Diego and Microsoft.
On the surface, Bitcoin seems to be a great way to hide cash. Actually, it's a terrible way to launder money.
Patent firm Eolas Technologies lost an appeal against Google, J.C. Penney, Yahoo and Amazon.com in a long-drawn lawsuit involving key Web patents.
Rural residents in North America may soon get a shot at better cellular coverage with an open-source technology being used in Antarctica, Mexico and Papua, Indonesia.
AT&T's assertions that its planned acquisition of T-Mobile USA will create up to 96,000 new U.S. jobs are "completely unfounded" and contrary to past evidence of similar mergers, one economist said Tuesday.
People who make, buy and sell flash storage could detect counterfeit products based on the unique "fingerprints" of the chips, using techniques being developed by university researchers.
Researchers at the California Institute of Technology and the University of California, San Diego have developed a silicon-based optical waveguide that could prove to be an instrumental component in building low-cost, all-optical networks in the futu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plat.One acquisition marks start of $2B IoT investment plan for SAP
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
- Oracle denied new trial in copyright dispute with Google over Java
- Helping businesses prepare for the workplace of the future, today
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW