UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
Six from China charged in US IP theft... ARM teams with Unicef on wearables... Microsoft previewing new Office for Android apps... and more tech news.
Three Japanese who succeeded in inventing efficient blue light-emitting diodes (LEDs) where many companies had failed have won the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Researchers have developed mobile robots that can use Wi-Fi signals to effectively "see through" walls. It's raising the possibility of flying drones using the technology to see inside buildings.
Fumbling around for your near-vision glasses to read the tablet screen? University researchers may have come up with a way to alleviate that problem.
Supercomputing speed is typically boosted by adding more processors, but two new systems funded by the National Science Foundation due to go live next January will take an unconventional approach to speed up calculations and data analysis.
Flash storage can be a big power consumer in mobile devices, but it's not the flash that sucks up all that energy, it's the software that goes with it, according to researchers from the University of California at San Diego and Microsoft.
On the surface, Bitcoin seems to be a great way to hide cash. Actually, it's a terrible way to launder money.
Patent firm Eolas Technologies lost an appeal against Google, J.C. Penney, Yahoo and Amazon.com in a long-drawn lawsuit involving key Web patents.
Rural residents in North America may soon get a shot at better cellular coverage with an open-source technology being used in Antarctica, Mexico and Papua, Indonesia.
AT&T's assertions that its planned acquisition of T-Mobile USA will create up to 96,000 new U.S. jobs are "completely unfounded" and contrary to past evidence of similar mergers, one economist said Tuesday.
People who make, buy and sell flash storage could detect counterfeit products based on the unique "fingerprints" of the chips, using techniques being developed by university researchers.
Researchers at the California Institute of Technology and the University of California, San Diego have developed a silicon-based optical waveguide that could prove to be an instrumental component in building low-cost, all-optical networks in the futu...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn will help people in India train for semi-skilled jobs
- Microsoft seeks Indian customers with exclusive Skype Lite app
- Optus leverages Huawei partnership to launch first Aussie first 4.5G network
- UPS launches an autonomous drone from a delivery truck
- Redfin CTO says machine learning needs human help
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCData Analyst - SAS - Immediate Start RequiredNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSenior consultant/ Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW