UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
Six from China charged in US IP theft... ARM teams with Unicef on wearables... Microsoft previewing new Office for Android apps... and more tech news.
Three Japanese who succeeded in inventing efficient blue light-emitting diodes (LEDs) where many companies had failed have won the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Researchers have developed mobile robots that can use Wi-Fi signals to effectively "see through" walls. It's raising the possibility of flying drones using the technology to see inside buildings.
Fumbling around for your near-vision glasses to read the tablet screen? University researchers may have come up with a way to alleviate that problem.
Supercomputing speed is typically boosted by adding more processors, but two new systems funded by the National Science Foundation due to go live next January will take an unconventional approach to speed up calculations and data analysis.
Flash storage can be a big power consumer in mobile devices, but it's not the flash that sucks up all that energy, it's the software that goes with it, according to researchers from the University of California at San Diego and Microsoft.
On the surface, Bitcoin seems to be a great way to hide cash. Actually, it's a terrible way to launder money.
Patent firm Eolas Technologies lost an appeal against Google, J.C. Penney, Yahoo and Amazon.com in a long-drawn lawsuit involving key Web patents.
Rural residents in North America may soon get a shot at better cellular coverage with an open-source technology being used in Antarctica, Mexico and Papua, Indonesia.
AT&T's assertions that its planned acquisition of T-Mobile USA will create up to 96,000 new U.S. jobs are "completely unfounded" and contrary to past evidence of similar mergers, one economist said Tuesday.
People who make, buy and sell flash storage could detect counterfeit products based on the unique "fingerprints" of the chips, using techniques being developed by university researchers.
Researchers at the California Institute of Technology and the University of California, San Diego have developed a silicon-based optical waveguide that could prove to be an instrumental component in building low-cost, all-optical networks in the futu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW