UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
Six from China charged in US IP theft... ARM teams with Unicef on wearables... Microsoft previewing new Office for Android apps... and more tech news.
Three Japanese who succeeded in inventing efficient blue light-emitting diodes (LEDs) where many companies had failed have won the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Researchers have developed mobile robots that can use Wi-Fi signals to effectively "see through" walls. It's raising the possibility of flying drones using the technology to see inside buildings.
Fumbling around for your near-vision glasses to read the tablet screen? University researchers may have come up with a way to alleviate that problem.
Supercomputing speed is typically boosted by adding more processors, but two new systems funded by the National Science Foundation due to go live next January will take an unconventional approach to speed up calculations and data analysis.
Flash storage can be a big power consumer in mobile devices, but it's not the flash that sucks up all that energy, it's the software that goes with it, according to researchers from the University of California at San Diego and Microsoft.
On the surface, Bitcoin seems to be a great way to hide cash. Actually, it's a terrible way to launder money.
Patent firm Eolas Technologies lost an appeal against Google, J.C. Penney, Yahoo and Amazon.com in a long-drawn lawsuit involving key Web patents.
Rural residents in North America may soon get a shot at better cellular coverage with an open-source technology being used in Antarctica, Mexico and Papua, Indonesia.
AT&T's assertions that its planned acquisition of T-Mobile USA will create up to 96,000 new U.S. jobs are "completely unfounded" and contrary to past evidence of similar mergers, one economist said Tuesday.
People who make, buy and sell flash storage could detect counterfeit products based on the unique "fingerprints" of the chips, using techniques being developed by university researchers.
Researchers at the California Institute of Technology and the University of California, San Diego have developed a silicon-based optical waveguide that could prove to be an instrumental component in building low-cost, all-optical networks in the futu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCChange ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT