Microsoft stopped the tricks with its Windows 10 upgrade pop-ups. But the company is also adding a full-screen prompt ahead of July 29.
Samsung is now updating its Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 tablets with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and new stylus functions through Samsung Premium Suite.
The long-awaited update to Windows Phone 7 appears to be close to a prime time rollout.
More than 70 per cent of Microsoft Windows users won't be upgrading to Windows 8 in the near future, according to a survey released this week by antivirus software maker Avast.
While Microsoft still isn't commenting on whether current Windows Mobile phones will be upgradeable to its new Windows Phone 7 software, it has finally officially revealed that existing applications won't work on the new platform.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCPerformance TesterVIC
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC