As I wrote the other day, it's a pretty simple matter to add a second monitor to your PC. But what about a third? That might require a little more doing.
A reader Maina wants to know how to connect a second (and possibly even third) monitor to his PC. He wants one for documents, another for his Web browser or music software, and so on.
It's been almost a year since I served up some nice, hot laptop tips--and that's inexcusable. I'll make it up to you this week with some useful advice on adding memory to a laptop, turning an old laptop hard disc into an external drive, and using you...
So my dad was griping that his Acer Aspire 9300 laptop takes forever to boot. I inspected it for spyware, excessive startup programs, and the other usual suspects, but everything checked out.
Even accomplished geeks shy away from motherboard upgrades on their main PCs. Years ago, I would often upgrade gaming and test systems in my own basement lab, but keep chugging along with a production machine using a two-year-old motherboard and CPU.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW