A little-known U.S. space plane quietly broke its own space endurance record this week as its current unmanned mission surpassed 469 days in space.
U.S. Air Force
Organizers played "Eye of the Tiger" and "We are the Champions" over the loudspeakers as participants in the SANS Institute's NetWars Tournament of Champions sat down at their laptops and prepared for action.
Defense and aerospace systems vendor Raytheon has acquired cybersecurity vendor Pikewerks in an effort to add to Raytheon's capabilities to defend against sophisticated threats facing customers in the intelligence, defense and commercial sectors, the...
The U.S. Air Force is close to making decisions on the future of a sprawling Oracle ERP (enterprise-resource-planning) project that is supposed to remake the military branch's worldwide supply chain, according to a recently released document.
Might solar energy provide the power needed to send cars up a space elevator? Could you build one fat elevator and split it into two? Can as many as six cars travel up and down a space elevator?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Multiple RolesSA
- FTSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedACT
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC