A little-known U.S. space plane quietly broke its own space endurance record this week as its current unmanned mission surpassed 469 days in space.
Organizers played "Eye of the Tiger" and "We are the Champions" over the loudspeakers as participants in the SANS Institute's NetWars Tournament of Champions sat down at their laptops and prepared for action.
Defense and aerospace systems vendor Raytheon has acquired cybersecurity vendor Pikewerks in an effort to add to Raytheon's capabilities to defend against sophisticated threats facing customers in the intelligence, defense and commercial sectors, the...
The U.S. Air Force is close to making decisions on the future of a sprawling Oracle ERP (enterprise-resource-planning) project that is supposed to remake the military branch's worldwide supply chain, according to a recently released document.
Might solar energy provide the power needed to send cars up a space elevator? Could you build one fat elevator and split it into two? Can as many as six cars travel up and down a space elevator?
The US federal and state budget squeeze is affecting life here on Earth - and beyond.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)NSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW