Wireless carriers in the U.S., handset makers and the industry's lobbying group have made a significant concession on technology that could remotely disable stolen smartphones and tablets.
The state attorney general for New York has sent the five largest U.S. cellphone carriers each a letter asking why they all oppose the installation of a "kill-switch" device in their handsets as a deterrent against smartphone theft.
The U.S. Department of Justice would "severely set back growth and competition" in the U.S. mobile telecom market if its efforts to block the acquisition of T-Mobile USA by AT&T are successful, AT&T said in court documents filed Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
- Identity thieves obtain 100,000 electronic filing PINs from IRS system
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW