Three vendors have released fixes for vulnerabilities found in the critical firmware used during a computer's startup, according to an advisory from the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team
Internet users should consider disabling Java in their browsers because of an exploit that can allow remote attackers to execute code on a vulnerable system, the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) recommended late Thursday.
Google, Microsoft and Yahoo have remedied a cryptographic weakness in their email systems that could allow an attacker to create a spoofed message that passes a mathematical security verification.
It is one thing to be out on the street and randomly mugged, but quite another to have someone follow you home, trick you into letting them into your house, and then being robbed in your own living room.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT