Mobile carriers Verizon Wireless and Sprint will pay a combined US$158 million[m] to settle complaints by two U.S. government agencies that they billed millions[m] of customers for unauthorized, third-pay text messaging services.
U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has filed a lawsuit accusing Sprint of illegally billing mobile customers for tens of millions[m] of dollars in unauthorized third-party charges.
Bitcoin and other virtual currencies can expose users to a number of risks, including hackers and scammers trying to take advantage of hype surrounding the technology, a U.S. consumer protection agency warned Monday.
A U.S. senator has called on the Federal Trade Commission to investigate Target's security practices after the large retailer reported a data breach affecting 40 million customer credit and debit cards.
U.S. government agencies have long used open-source software. Now, some agencies are embracing the collaborative development model of open-source software development and are releasing code back to the wider community.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA