U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter will renew his appeal to businesses to work more closely with the military on Thursday when he speaks to an audience of top executives at the Sun Valley conference in Idaho.
U.S. Department of Defense
The U.S. Department of Defense must rebuild trust with Silicon Valley because it needs new technology partners to fight against cyberattacks, Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter said Thursday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved what some commissioners called a "historic" plan to allow private mobile broadband services to share spectrum with incumbent military users.
The U.S. Department of Defense hasn't followed through on its commitment to convert to IPv6, the new Internet standard designed to make room for an explosion of new connected devices.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to limit the National Security Agency's ability to search U.S. records, after a similar provision was stripped out of a bill intended to rein in the agency.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW