Stepping up its efforts to regain supercomputing dominance from China, the U.S. within the next two years will activate what could be one of the world's fastest computers.
Researchers have designed a battery that could keep wearable and health care devices running for 10 or more years without a recharge.
A group of businesses and universities, led by North Carolina State University, will work together to design and manufacture next-generation, low-power semiconductors, U.S. President Barack Obama said Wednesday.
With memory, as with real estate, location matters. A group of researchers from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and the Department of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory have found that the altitude at which SRAM (static random access memory) reside...
A Pennsylvania man who was allegedly a member of the computer hacking group the Underground Intelligence Agency has pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy and two counts of computer intrusion, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
Tablets will be rated based on the Energy Star specification in the future.
U.S. government agencies have long used open-source software. Now, some agencies are embracing the collaborative development model of open-source software development and are releasing code back to the wider community.
Intel has formed a subsidiary charged with growing the company's business relationship with the U.S. government, with the new organization's initial focus on high-performance computing, the company said.
The successful use of phishing emails to breach secure organizations like Oak Ridge National Laboratory and RSA are stark reminders of the serious threat posed by what some experts have dismissed as as a low-tech method of attack.
There is an international race to build an exascale supercomputer, and one of the people leading it is Peter Beckman, a top computer scientist at the U.S. Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory.
On Oct. 7, the Department of Energy released "<a href="http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy10osti/40745.pdf">Large-Scale Offshore Wind Power in the United States: Assessment of Opportunities and Barriers</a>."&nbsp; A couple highlights from this 240-page ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- ZTE Blade Vec review: A serious budget contender
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PlayStation 4)
- Kogan offers $329 Windows 8.1 laptop with good specs
- Tablet craze calms down as iPad shipments decline
- DT and Informatica service links Cloud, on-premises apps, data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW