Hard on the heels of the publication of the latest Top 500 ranking of the world's fastest supercomputers, IBM and Nvidia on Monday announced they have teamed up to launch two new supercomputer centers of excellence to develop the next generation of c...
A supercomputer developed by China's National Defense University remains the fastest publically known computer in the world while the U.S. is close to an historic low in the latest edition of the closely followed Top 500 supercomputer ranking, which ...
To get an edge over China in the supercomputing arms race, the U.S. plans to build a 180-petaflop supercomputer that will be used mainly for scientific research.
Stepping up its efforts to regain supercomputing dominance from China, the U.S. within the next two years will activate what could be one of the world's fastest computers.
Researchers have designed a battery that could keep wearable and health care devices running for 10 or more years without a recharge.
A group of businesses and universities, led by North Carolina State University, will work together to design and manufacture next-generation, low-power semiconductors, U.S. President Barack Obama said Wednesday.
With memory, as with real estate, location matters. A group of researchers from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and the Department of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory have found that the altitude at which SRAM (static random access memory) reside...
A Pennsylvania man who was allegedly a member of the computer hacking group the Underground Intelligence Agency has pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy and two counts of computer intrusion, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
Tablets will be rated based on the Energy Star specification in the future.
U.S. government agencies have long used open-source software. Now, some agencies are embracing the collaborative development model of open-source software development and are releasing code back to the wider community.
Intel has formed a subsidiary charged with growing the company's business relationship with the U.S. government, with the new organization's initial focus on high-performance computing, the company said.
The successful use of phishing emails to breach secure organizations like Oak Ridge National Laboratory and RSA are stark reminders of the serious threat posed by what some experts have dismissed as as a low-tech method of attack.
There is an international race to build an exascale supercomputer, and one of the people leading it is Peter Beckman, a top computer scientist at the U.S. Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory.
On Oct. 7, the Department of Energy released "<a href="http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy10osti/40745.pdf">Large-Scale Offshore Wind Power in the United States: Assessment of Opportunities and Barriers</a>."&nbsp; A couple highlights from this 240-page ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCChange LeadACT