Healthcare.gov lacks several basic cybersecurity controls -- including strong passwords and consistent security patching -- nearly a year after the troubled launch of the insurance-shopping website, a government auditor said.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The U.S. House of Representatives is moving toward votes on two bills intended to put a spotlight on the inner workings of HealthCare.gov, the health insurance shopping site recovering from a rocky rollout in late 2013.
Kurt DelBene, the retired president of Microsoft's Office Division, will take over the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' insurance shopping site, HealthCare.gov.
Security concerns raised by Republican critics of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched rollout of HealthCare.gov have been overstated, according to a memo released Friday by two Democratic members of Congress.
Critics of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched deployment of HealthCare.gov can point to a series of management mistakes, but many observers point to a more systematic problem with government IT contracts.
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple is said to be extending iPhone refreshes to once every three years
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
- Qualcomm wants to make kids' wearables a thing
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTSenior Mobile DeveloperWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia