A new cybersecurity framework released Wednesday by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration aims to help operators of critical infrastructure develop comprehensive cybersecurity programs.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection can search travelers' laptops and other electronic devices without a show of reasonable suspicion, according to a federal judge's dismissal of a 2010 lawsuit on Tuesday.
Federal officials told a U.S. Senate hearing on Monday that virtual currencies like bitcoin can offer benefits to the financial system, but also cautioned about its possible misuse for illicit activity.
A looming U.S. government shutdown could mean smaller paychecks for some government IT workers and contractors, as well as renegotiated contracts for some IT vendors.
The device looks like a small piece of carry-on luggage, but it has a more important job than carrying a toothbrush, deodorant and a couple of pairs of underwear.
U.S. government agencies are exploring new ways to provide incentives for private companies to invest more money in cybersecurity, President Barack Obama's administration has announced.
Guns produced with 3D printers pose a public safety risk that's beyond the ability of regulators to control it, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security bulletin to law enforcement agencies warned this week.
Two U.S. senators will push Congress or President Barack Obama's administration to pursue trade and immigration sanctions against China and other countries that allegedly support cyberattacks on U.S. government agencies and businesses, the lawmakers ...
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to approve a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill, despite opposition from the White House and several privacy and digital rights groups.
The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA), a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill, will be debated on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives this week, despite continued opposition from some privacy and digital r...
The U.S. Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security have asked for more time to consider Softbank's proposed takeover of Sprint Nextel, a move that may signal a rough road ahead for the US$20 billion deal.
Two U.S. power companies reported infections of malware during the past three months, with the bad software apparently brought in through tainted USB drives, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Industrial Control Systems Cyber Eme...
The chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has not reversed course on email privacy and has not proposed to give U.S. agencies access to email and other electronic communications without search warrants, despite a news report to the contrary...
The U.S. Senate has voted against moving forward on a cybersecurity bill that supporters have called critical for national security.
Groups of companies in the same industry could pool infrastructure resources to help each other mitigate the effects of cyberattacks and work together on security issues, a senior official in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security suggested on Frid...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
- Facebook has just 60 days to change its terms and conditions for French users
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
- Identity thieves obtain 100,000 electronic filing PINs from IRS system
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW