It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
U.S. Department of Justice
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has charged 32 defendants with fraud in an international scheme that used stolen, yet-to-be-published press releases from hacked websites to conduct stock trades.
Nine people face criminal charges in the U.S. for allegedly hacking three press release distributors and stealing yet-to-be-published announcements in a stock trading scheme that authorities say generated about US$30 million in illegal profits.
A government investigation has concluded that Hillary Clinton sent classified information through a personal email account while she served as Secretary of State, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
U.S law enforcement officials have arrested five individuals who reportedly were involved in the high-profile 2014 computer hacking of JPMorgan.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC