Critics of the U.S. National Security Agency's U.S. telephone records program are missing the point when they say the agency can't point to one case where the collection was critical to preventing terrorism, two people formerly involved with the prog...
Russian Aleksandr Andreevich Panin has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit wire and bank fraud for his role as primary developer and distributor of the SpyEye bank fraud Trojan, the U.S. Department of Justice said Tuesday.
The founder of the Silk Road underground website has forfeited the site and thousands of bitcoins, worth around US$28 million at current rates, to the U.S. government.
The U.S. Department of Justice will appeal a district judge's opinion saying a phone records collection program at the National Security Agency likely violates the U.S. Constitution.
Employees of the online file storage service Megaupload discussed widespread copyright infringement on the site in internal communications released Friday by the U.S. Department of Justice.
Judge Richard Leon ripped into the U.S. Department of Justice and the National Security Agency in his Monday ruling that the NSA's controversial collection of U.S. telephone records may violate the U.S. Constitution.
The U.S. Department of Justice defended the National Security Agency's massive phone records collection program after a U.S. District Court judge ruled Monday that the program is likely to violate the U.S. Constitution.
A Pennsylvania man who hacked into multiple corporate, university and government computer networks and tried to sell access to them, including supercomputers from a U.S. national security laboratory, has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
Critics of the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. residents' telephone records should offer a better way to track terrorists and protect the country against attacks, the agency's director said Wednesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the amount of spectrum that giant mobile carriers AT&T and Verizon Communications are able to buy in an auction scheduled for mid-2015, some U.S. senators said Tuesday.
An IT specialist working for the U.S. National Science Foundation has pleaded guilty to theft of government property for redirecting more than US$94,000 in government funds for his personal use, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
The U.S. Department of Justice has made the right decision to not prosecute WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange for publishing leaks from former U.S. Army intelligence analyst Bradley Manning, if a recent report in the Washington Post is correct, press...
The U.S Federal Bureau of Investigation should make public a legal opinion it used to justify a past telephone records surveillance program because other agencies may still be relying on the document for surveillance justifications, the Electronic Fr...
Federal officials told a U.S. Senate hearing on Monday that virtual currencies like bitcoin can offer benefits to the financial system, but also cautioned about its possible misuse for illicit activity.
Six more alleged participants were arrested Monday in a US$45 million global ATM fraud, including one man who was photographed stuffing $800,000 into a suitcase, federal prosecutors in New York said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End Developer - Team LeadNSW
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW