The U.S. Department of Justice will appeal a district judge's opinion saying a phone records collection program at the National Security Agency likely violates the U.S. Constitution.
Employees of the online file storage service Megaupload discussed widespread copyright infringement on the site in internal communications released Friday by the U.S. Department of Justice.
Judge Richard Leon ripped into the U.S. Department of Justice and the National Security Agency in his Monday ruling that the NSA's controversial collection of U.S. telephone records may violate the U.S. Constitution.
The U.S. Department of Justice defended the National Security Agency's massive phone records collection program after a U.S. District Court judge ruled Monday that the program is likely to violate the U.S. Constitution.
A Pennsylvania man who hacked into multiple corporate, university and government computer networks and tried to sell access to them, including supercomputers from a U.S. national security laboratory, has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
Critics of the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. residents' telephone records should offer a better way to track terrorists and protect the country against attacks, the agency's director said Wednesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the amount of spectrum that giant mobile carriers AT&T and Verizon Communications are able to buy in an auction scheduled for mid-2015, some U.S. senators said Tuesday.
An IT specialist working for the U.S. National Science Foundation has pleaded guilty to theft of government property for redirecting more than US$94,000 in government funds for his personal use, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
The U.S. Department of Justice has made the right decision to not prosecute WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange for publishing leaks from former U.S. Army intelligence analyst Bradley Manning, if a recent report in the Washington Post is correct, press...
The U.S Federal Bureau of Investigation should make public a legal opinion it used to justify a past telephone records surveillance program because other agencies may still be relying on the document for surveillance justifications, the Electronic Fr...
Federal officials told a U.S. Senate hearing on Monday that virtual currencies like bitcoin can offer benefits to the financial system, but also cautioned about its possible misuse for illicit activity.
Six more alleged participants were arrested Monday in a US$45 million global ATM fraud, including one man who was photographed stuffing $800,000 into a suitcase, federal prosecutors in New York said.
Even after obtaining the encryption keys from secure email provider Lavabit through a court, the government was prevented by the court order and various laws from accessing other Lavabit users' accounts, the U.S. Department of Justice said Tuesday in...
The U.S. Department of Justice is scrutinizing sellers on underground online marketplaces, and on Thursday said federal agents had arrested one person for alleged illegal weapons sale on underground market "Black Market Reloaded" in an elaborate stin...
Proposals in Congress to end the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. telephone records would compromise the agency's ability to find and track terrorists, representatives of the intelligence community said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google tells its publisher partners to comply with EU cookie directive
- Xen patches new virtual-machine escape vulnerability
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, July 28
- OnePlus refines its successful formula with new phone
- Brinks safe can be hacked with just a USB stick
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW