The alleged operator of Silk Road 2.0, a website used to sell illegal drugs, computer-hacking tools and fraudulent identification documents, has been arrested and will face charges in a U.S. court.
Authorities have extradited the founder of Liberty Reserve, a virtual currency allegedly used by cybercriminals for money laundering, from Spain to the U.S.
An official with Liberty Reserve, a popular digital currency service that was based in Costa Rica, has pleaded guilty to money laundering and operating an unlicensed money transmitting business.
A U.S. district court judge has given preliminary approval for Apple to pay a US$450 million settlement for its role in an e-books price-fixing conspiracy.
Apple has reached a settlement in a long-standing case that accused the company of fixing the price on e-books, with the company paying up to US$400 million, depending on the outcome of its appeal in the case, a law firm has announced.
Congress needs to do more to protect private data of U.S. citizens from government surveillance and the misuse of technology by companies, a top Microsoft executive said Tuesday.
A leader of the LulzSec hacking group is walking free after serving about seven months in prison because of his cooperation with police that has helped prevent hundreds of other attacks.
After dragging its feet for months, Apple is finally making good progress on a court-ordered antitrust compliance program related to the U.S. Department of Justice's e-book price-fixing case against the company, an external monitor said.
A British man faces new charges in the U.S. for allegedly hacking into the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank's servers and stealing names, email addresses and other personal information of the bank's computer users.
The U.S. Department of Justice will appeal a district judge's opinion saying a phone records collection program at the National Security Agency likely violates the U.S. Constitution.
The American Civil Liberties Union will appeal a judge's decision to throw out the civil liberties group's lawsuit challenging U.S. National Security Agency surveillance.
A U.S. judge has thrown out a long-standing copyright infringement case brought against Google by the Authors Guild, saying the company's book-scanning project provides significant benefits to the public.
The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of a U.S. National Security Agency surveillance program targeting customers of Verizon Communications.
A former portfolio manager at the now defunct Diamondback Capital Management has been sentenced to 54 months in prison for crimes related to a multimillion dollar insider trading scheme involving computer maker Dell and hardware maker Nvidia.
A former CIO and vice president at networking hardware vendor Foundry Networks has been charged with insider trading in conjunction with the company's acquisition in 2008 by Brocade Communications Systems, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia