Robot hitchiker attacked, abandoned... Nokia sells Here mapping business to German car makers... Spy-spotting software comes to Wall St... and more tech news
U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Law enforcement agencies from 20 countries working together have shut down a major computer hacking forum, and U.S. officials have filed criminal charges against a dozen people associated with the website, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey has asked for a "robust debate" on encryption of communications, saying that the technology could come in the way of his doing his job to keep people safe.
Court says NSA can keep collecting phone records... Vandals cut cables again... Leap second largely trouble-free... and more tech news
Prototype of HP's Machine due next year
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google goes after Microsoft, Tableau, and others with a new free analytics tool
- 'Black box' no more: This system can spot the bias in those algorithms
- Senators want warrant protections for US email stored overseas
- Celebrity hacker Guccifer's confession gives us all a lesson in security
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT