Civil liberties faction walks out on facial recognition talks
A consumer rights group wants the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to address growing online privacy concerns by requiring websites to honor do-no-track requests.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules went into effect Friday, after an appeals court denied multiple requests to delay them while the agency faces 10 lawsuits challenging the regulations.
A U.S. appeals court has denied requests by several broadband providers and trade groups to delay the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules while they challenge the regulations.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted to require the Federal Communications Commission to suspend new net neutrality rules until a series of lawsuits challenging the regulations are resolved.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will consider including broadband within a controversial program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people.
New rules proposed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission aim to give owners of mobile phones more tools to protect themselves against unwanted text messages and phone calls.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is facing a new, novel challenge to its recent net neutrality rules: a communications law firm is arguing the regulations aren't strong enough.
Mobile carriers Verizon Wireless and Sprint will pay a combined US$158 million[m] to settle complaints by two U.S. government agencies that they billed millions[m] of customers for unauthorized, third-pay text messaging services.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has denied the requests of several broadband providers and trade groups asking the agency to delay its net neutrality rules.
A way to let cellular operators share Wi-Fi frequencies without jamming up Internet service is now in the spotlight at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Internet pioneer Vinton Cerf argued Monday that more users should encrypt their data, and that the encryption back doors the U.S. FBI and other law enforcement agencies are asking for will weaken online security.
Five telecom trade groups and two broadband providers have asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to put a hold on net neutrality rules it recently approved.
U.S. Senator Rand Paul, a Republican presidential candidate, has introduced legislation that would overturn the Federal Communications Commission's recent net neutrality rules.
Consumer groups are cheering the news that Comcast abandoned its proposed US$45 billion acquisition of fellow cable and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, saying it's good for customers and demonstrates the power of Internet activism.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT