One of the most contentious disagreements in the net neutrality debate in the U.S. over the past year has been over whether the new rules adopted by the Federal Communications Commission amount to regulation of the Internet.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules allow the agency to police future network management practices and business models rolled out by broadband providers, raising concerns among critics that an activist commission wil...
T-Mobile's CEO says he's confident that upcoming net neutrality rules won't mean an end to the carrier's "Music Freedom" promotion that allows unrestricted music streaming from certain sites.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules could open the door to rate regulation and could drive some small broadband providers out of business, some Senate Republicans said Wednesday.
Proposed legislation that would require U.S. businesses to notify affected customers after data breaches is too weak because it would preempt stronger breach notification laws in several states and it wouldn't cover several classes of data, including...
Republican lawmakers repeatedly accused the U.S. Federal Communications Commission of being improperly influenced by President Barack Obama during the agency's recent net neutrality proceeding, but lawmakers failed to produce solid evidence during a ...
The 400-page net neutrality order released by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission includes a long legal defense of the commission's vote last month to reclassify broadband as a regulated telecommunications service.
Some Republican lawmakers questioned the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new budget request Wednesday, with a couple of them attempting to tie the agency's funding to its controversial net neutrality vote days ago.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission voted Thursday to pass new net neutrality rules and reclassify broadband as a regulated telecommunications service, but the text of the full order may not be released for several weeks. Here's what we know s...
It didn't take long for congressional Republicans to attack the Federal Communications Commission's vote to strike down two state laws that prevent municipal broadband networks from expanding.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to approve new net neutrality rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility, over the objections of the commission's Republican members and large broadband providers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to overturn large parts of two state laws that limit local governments from funding and building broadband networks.
The U.S. Congress should pass net neutrality legislation that overturns proposed rules at the Federal Communications Commission so that the protections survive over the long term, some opponents of the FCC approach said.
As HP reports numbers, questions will be on its split ... GOPers on FCC want to delay net neutrality vote ... Google deals for Softcard ... and more tech news.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should delay its vote on net neutrality rules for at least a month after releasing Chairman Tom Wheeler's proposal for public comment, the commission's two Republican members said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- What do you get when you cross Star Wars and famous art? This algorithm can show you
- 5 products Intel could cut in its reshuffle
- Tech groups call on presidential candidates to support encryption, embrace other IT issues
- Cisco patch stops attackers from taking over TelePresence systems
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW