The chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission should release his proposed net neutrality rules to the public before the commission votes in late February, three top Republican lawmakers said Friday.
A Republican net neutrality proposal in the U.S. Congress would not fully protect broadband customers because it would prohibit the Federal Communications Commission from enacting new rules against selectively blocking or throttling traffic, critics ...
Draft net neutrality legislation released Friday by Republican leaders in the U.S. Congress would prohibit broadband providers from blocking or selectively slowing legal Web content, but it would allow them to engage in "reasonable" network managemen...
Sprint wouldn't object to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility in order to pass strong net neutrality rules, as long as the agency applies those new regulations with a "light touch," the mob...
Hotel operator Marriott International has backed off its request to block some outside Wi-Fi hotspots inside its facilities, saying the company has responded to customer feedback.
Top Republicans in Congress plan to introduce legislation that they say will ensure net neutrality protections for Internet users and will spur U.S. economic growth.
U.S. President Barack Obama opposes measures in 19 states that limit cities from rolling out their own broadband networks, and he will urge the Federal Communications Commission to take action to allow municipal broadband projects, the White House sa...
The top US telecoms regulator is pulling in the same direction as President Barack Obama ... Samsung’s strategy to capture market share with lower-cost smartphones appears to be cutting into profits ... the FBI is sticking to its story: North Korea w...
Democrats in the U.S. Congress have wasted no time in resurrecting a debate over net neutrality rules, with lawmakers introducing a bill that would ban paid traffic priority agreements between broadband providers and Web content producers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission plans to vote on new net neutrality rules during its February meeting.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015, maybe as soon as February, several observers believe, but few people want to predict what those rules will look like.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will soon decide whether to lay down rules regarding hotels' ability to block personal Wi-Fi hotspots inside their buildings, a practice that recently earned Marriott International a US $600,000 fine.
T-Mobile US will pay at least $90 million to settle a Federal Communications Commission suit that alleged it looked the other way while third parties charged T-Mobile subscribers for services they didn't want.
President Barack Obama's administration is pushing two potentially controversial Internet policies in a secretive trade pact, with trade negotiators calling for other countries to adopt net neutrality provisions while rejecting policies requiring loc...
The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has filed a lawsuit accusing Sprint of illegally billing mobile customers for tens of millions[m] of dollars in unauthorized third-party charges.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW