The Federal Communications Commission will consider new rules to ensure real consumer choice as the U.S. shifts from copper-based networks to IP networks, agency officials said Friday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission said Friday that it remains open to a range of options for new net neutrality rules, following a news report saying it is leaning toward a controversial approach that regulates one piece of broadband service...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission appears set to reclassify broadband so that it comes under the agency's authority, but without explicitly prohibiting special access deals between broadband and content companies, according to a news report.
Anticipated Republican gains in the U.S. Congress after next Tuesday's election have limited implications for tech-related issues like net neutrality and reform of National Security Agency surveillance programs, with some observers expecting no huge ...
The auction intended to turn many U.S. TV channels into spectrum for mobile services won't start until early 2016, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission says.
The contentious debate about net neutrality in the U.S. has sparked controversy over a lack of funding transparency for advocacy groups and think tanks, which critics say subverts the political process.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility in order to achieve net neutrality, but take a "light touch" while doing it, a U.S. lawmaker said Wednesday.
Some mobile researchers think future networks will reach into higher frequencies to keep up with traffic, and the FCC now wants to know how it might help to make that possible.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should not hold mobile carriers to the same net neutrality rules as it does for wired broadband providers because of unique mobile network management challenges, the head of the largest U.S. mobile trade gro...
AT&T will pay US$105 million to settle complaints from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission and 51 state-level governments that it made millions of dollars through unauthorized third-party charges on customers' mob...
Here's some payback for everyone who has felt gouged by hotel charges for Wi-Fi service: Marriott International has to pay US$600,000 following a probe into whether it intentionally blocked personal Wi-Fi hotspots in order to force customers to use i...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission engaged in the worst kind of "partisan politics" by working closely with net neutrality advocates to ensure their comments were filed with the agency, but not extending the same courtesy to the other side, a...
A conservative group that sent 2.4 million letters to the U.S. Congress opposed to net neutrality regulations didn't actually collect signatures from 2.4 million people, although the group's news release says the letters added millions of new voices ...
Verizon Wireless won't go ahead with a widely criticized plan to slow down the connections of heavy data users with unlimited LTE plans.
More than 2.4 million people have signed letters calling on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to stop its proposed "takeover" of the Internet in an effort by conservative activist group American Commitment to reframe the debate about the age...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW