The Federal Communications Commission will consider new rules to ensure real consumer choice as the U.S. shifts from copper-based networks to IP networks, agency officials said Friday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission said Friday that it remains open to a range of options for new net neutrality rules, following a news report saying it is leaning toward a controversial approach that regulates one piece of broadband service...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission appears set to reclassify broadband so that it comes under the agency's authority, but without explicitly prohibiting special access deals between broadband and content companies, according to a news report.
Anticipated Republican gains in the U.S. Congress after next Tuesday's election have limited implications for tech-related issues like net neutrality and reform of National Security Agency surveillance programs, with some observers expecting no huge ...
The auction intended to turn many U.S. TV channels into spectrum for mobile services won't start until early 2016, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission says.
The contentious debate about net neutrality in the U.S. has sparked controversy over a lack of funding transparency for advocacy groups and think tanks, which critics say subverts the political process.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility in order to achieve net neutrality, but take a "light touch" while doing it, a U.S. lawmaker said Wednesday.
Some mobile researchers think future networks will reach into higher frequencies to keep up with traffic, and the FCC now wants to know how it might help to make that possible.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should not hold mobile carriers to the same net neutrality rules as it does for wired broadband providers because of unique mobile network management challenges, the head of the largest U.S. mobile trade gro...
AT&T will pay US$105 million to settle complaints from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission and 51 state-level governments that it made millions of dollars through unauthorized third-party charges on customers' mob...
Here's some payback for everyone who has felt gouged by hotel charges for Wi-Fi service: Marriott International has to pay US$600,000 following a probe into whether it intentionally blocked personal Wi-Fi hotspots in order to force customers to use i...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission engaged in the worst kind of "partisan politics" by working closely with net neutrality advocates to ensure their comments were filed with the agency, but not extending the same courtesy to the other side, a...
A conservative group that sent 2.4 million letters to the U.S. Congress opposed to net neutrality regulations didn't actually collect signatures from 2.4 million people, although the group's news release says the letters added millions of new voices ...
Verizon Wireless won't go ahead with a widely criticized plan to slow down the connections of heavy data users with unlimited LTE plans.
More than 2.4 million people have signed letters calling on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to stop its proposed "takeover" of the Internet in an effort by conservative activist group American Commitment to reframe the debate about the age...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Meet Apache Spot, a new open source project for cybersecurity
- Plat.One acquisition marks start of $2B IoT investment plan for SAP
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
- Oracle denied new trial in copyright dispute with Google over Java
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA