Some Republican lawmakers questioned the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new budget request Wednesday, with a couple of them attempting to tie the agency's funding to its controversial net neutrality vote days ago.
Republicans in the U.S. Congress are demanding to know how much the White House influenced the Federal Communications Commission while the agency crafted net neutrality rules.
A drive in the U.S. Congress to pass a law requiring companies with data breaches to notify affected customers may get bogged down in old arguments.
Recent data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus were sophisticated attacks not detected by robust cybersecurity measures, executives with the two companies told U.S. lawmakers.
About 365,000 U.S. residents have signed up for new health insurance through HealthCare.gov and other means, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced, but Republican lawmakers questioned whether millions of people would lose existin...
Security problems reported at the U.S. government's troubled HealthCare.gov are overblown because security testing has been ongoing for months, the secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said Wednesday.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services took too little time testing how the many components of the troubled HealthCare.gov worked together before rolling out the insurance marketplace, contractors involved in the project said Thursday.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted to approve a bill that would make it official U.S. policy to promote an Internet "free from government control," with promises that the Republican majority would work with critics of the bill's w...
Legislation that would make it official U.S. policy to promote a global Internet "free from government control" could restrict the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from using its authority and prevent law enforcement agencies from taking action...
Some Republican lawmakers on Wednesday accused two U.S. agencies of wasting hundreds of millions of dollars in broadband stimulus money on failed projects, but supporters of the broadband spending questioned the Republican numbers.
A group of U.S. representatives has asked the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to delay its plan to begin rolling out new generic top-level domains in early 2012.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has approved legislation that would provide funding for a nationwide mobile broadband network for public safety agencies and would allow the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to sell auction spectrum ...
While representatives of the online advertising industry questioned whether new laws are needed to protect consumer privacy online, several U.S. lawmakers on Thursday called for new regulations targeting online tracking.
Ten years ago, on Sept. 11, terrorists crashed airplanes into the Twin Towers in New York, the Pentagon in northern Virginia and a field in rural Pennsylvania. In the scramble to respond to the terrorist attacks, multiple fire departments and other e...
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted to approve a bill that would require companies to notify affected customers about data breaches and would require businesses holding personal information to establish data security programs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- Russian man receives longest-ever prison sentence in the US for hacking
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW