Some Republican lawmakers questioned the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new budget request Wednesday, with a couple of them attempting to tie the agency's funding to its controversial net neutrality vote days ago.
Republicans in the U.S. Congress are demanding to know how much the White House influenced the Federal Communications Commission while the agency crafted net neutrality rules.
A drive in the U.S. Congress to pass a law requiring companies with data breaches to notify affected customers may get bogged down in old arguments.
Recent data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus were sophisticated attacks not detected by robust cybersecurity measures, executives with the two companies told U.S. lawmakers.
About 365,000 U.S. residents have signed up for new health insurance through HealthCare.gov and other means, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced, but Republican lawmakers questioned whether millions of people would lose existin...
Security problems reported at the U.S. government's troubled HealthCare.gov are overblown because security testing has been ongoing for months, the secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said Wednesday.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services took too little time testing how the many components of the troubled HealthCare.gov worked together before rolling out the insurance marketplace, contractors involved in the project said Thursday.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted to approve a bill that would make it official U.S. policy to promote an Internet "free from government control," with promises that the Republican majority would work with critics of the bill's w...
Legislation that would make it official U.S. policy to promote a global Internet "free from government control" could restrict the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from using its authority and prevent law enforcement agencies from taking action...
Some Republican lawmakers on Wednesday accused two U.S. agencies of wasting hundreds of millions of dollars in broadband stimulus money on failed projects, but supporters of the broadband spending questioned the Republican numbers.
A group of U.S. representatives has asked the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to delay its plan to begin rolling out new generic top-level domains in early 2012.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has approved legislation that would provide funding for a nationwide mobile broadband network for public safety agencies and would allow the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to sell auction spectrum ...
While representatives of the online advertising industry questioned whether new laws are needed to protect consumer privacy online, several U.S. lawmakers on Thursday called for new regulations targeting online tracking.
Ten years ago, on Sept. 11, terrorists crashed airplanes into the Twin Towers in New York, the Pentagon in northern Virginia and a field in rural Pennsylvania. In the scramble to respond to the terrorist attacks, multiple fire departments and other e...
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted to approve a bill that would require companies to notify affected customers about data breaches and would require businesses holding personal information to establish data security programs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
- Toy maker Maisto’s website pushed growing CryptXXX ransomware threat
- Here's why analytics is eating the supply chain
- Rovi to acquire TiVo for $1.1 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW