The operator of a website that sold more than US$100 million worth of pirated software to customers worldwide was sentenced Tuesday to 12 years in a U.S. federal prison.
The former chief scientist at a Kentucky defense contractor has been sentenced to a year in prison for buying pirated software from Russian and Chinese hackers and using it to design components for military helicopters.
Three U.S. investigative agencies, working with state and local police departments across the country, have seized more than 300 websites and US$13.6 million worth of counterfeit National Football League sportswear and tickets from online and other s...
The U.S. Department of Justice did not mislead a court and attempt to entrap file storage site Megaupload on copyright infringement charges, the agency said in a new filing in the case.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will begin a pilot deployment of smartphones running Research In Motion's new BlackBerry 10 OS early next year.
U.S. and European agencies have seized 132 domain names that were allegedly used to sell counterfeit merchandise online.
A U.S. lawmaker has asked users of Reddit for their ideas about legislation to address the controversial recent practice by two U.S. agencies of seizing websites for alleged copyright infringement.
U.S. prisons, immigration detention centers and telecom carriers are charging "exorbitant" rates on collect calls made by inmates, and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission should step in to set rates, a coalition of 110 human rights groups, law...
A Michigan woman pleaded guilty Wednesday to a charge related to selling more than US$400,000 worth of counterfeit software on a website, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC