Health care providers are increasingly using smartphones and tablets for tasks such as accessing and transferring medical records, and submitting prescriptions, but these devices may not be secure enough to protect sensitive medical information from ...
The U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is developing a guide for testing third-party apps to ensure that they are secure and don't introduce any vulnerabilities.
A new cybersecurity framework released Wednesday by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration aims to help operators of critical infrastructure develop comprehensive cybersecurity programs.
The U.S. Congress needs to help restore global trust in the nation's technology vendors by reining in surveillance programs at the National Security Agency, an industry representative told lawmakers Tuesday.
Businesses that want to improve their cybersecurity posture can take a number of steps, including conducting a risk assessment and prioritizing ways to address gaps in their security, a U.S. agency said in recommendations released Tuesday.
The U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to defeat encryption will backfire by eroding trust in U.S.-based Internet services and in the agency's own efforts to aid U.S. companies with cybersecurity, a group of privacy advocates said Tuesday.
Less than three weeks before a massive U.S. government health information database is scheduled to go live, some lawmakers have significant concerns about the ability of the system to protect personal health records and other private information.
The U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has vigorously denied that the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) tampered with NIST's process of vetting and choosing encryption algorithms.
U.S. government agencies are exploring new ways to provide incentives for private companies to invest more money in cybersecurity, President Barack Obama's administration has announced.
The U.S. government agency leading an effort to create a voluntary cybersecurity framework for companies operating critical infrastructure wants to hear ideas about what to include in those standards.
A U.S. government computer vulnerability database and several other websites at the National Institute of Standards and Technology have been down for nearly a week after workers there found malware on two Web servers.
U.S. government agencies will need the help of companies while developing a set of cybersecurity standards that President Barack Obama has called for in an executive order signed last month, administration officials said.
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed an executive order requiring federal agencies to share cyberthreat information with private companies and to create a cybersecurity framework focused on reducing risks to companies providing critical infrastruct...
The U.S. government will work to develop an "unrivaled" cybersecurity workforce and broaden the nation's pool of skilled cyberworkers under a draft cybersecurity education plan released Friday by a U.S. agency.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW