The U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) has banned a researcher for using supercomputer resources to generate bitcoin.
U.S. National Science Foundation
An IT specialist working for the U.S. National Science Foundation has pleaded guilty to theft of government property for redirecting more than US$94,000 in government funds for his personal use, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Disregarding the supercomputing community's insatiable thirst for FLOPS (floating point operations per second), the Baltimore-based Johns Hopkins University is configuring its new machine to achieve the maximum number of IOPS (I/O operations per seco...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSolutions Architect (Power of Choice)QLD
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Case Developer - GovernmentNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW