It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
U.S. National Security Agency
Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
A U.S. appeals court should immediately shut down the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records because the practice is illegal, the American Civil Liberties Union said.
The "possibility exists" for the U.S. Department of Justice to cut a deal that would allow surveillance leaker Edward Snowden to return to the U.S., a former attorney general said in a media interview.
Windows 10 close to finished... Intel reshuffles leadership... Microsoft, Kyocera strike Android patent licensing deal... and more tech news
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle is paying $532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
- EMC World kicks off with cloud backup and cheaper flash arrays
- Solar airplane begins journey across the continental US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA