The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to move forward on plans to have the U.S. military share wireless spectrum in the 3.5GHz band with commercial users.
Many mobile apps aimed at children collect and share personal data without notifying parents, potentially violating U.S. law, the Federal Trade Commission said in a report released Monday.
Three large broadband projects funded recently by the U.S. Rural Utilities Service (RUS) largely cover areas already served by broadband providers, according to a study released Wednesday by a trade group representing cable broadband providers.
A U.S. Congress subcommittee has approved a bill requiring two government agencies to return any unused money from broadband deployment programs that were part of a huge 2009 economic stimulus package.
Large swaths of the western and southern U.S. do not have access to wired or fixed wireless broadband, according to a new national broadband map released by two U.S. agencies Thursday.
Two government agencies handing out more than US$7 billion for broadband deployment should reexamine grants to projects that overlap existing broadband service, and they should return any funds that go unspent, several Republican members of the U.S. ...
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Rural Utilities Service (RUS) has announced US$1.2 billion in grants and loans for 126 broadband deployment projects in 38 states and tribal areas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT