The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has charged 32 defendants with fraud in an international scheme that used stolen, yet-to-be-published press releases from hacked websites to conduct stock trades.
Microsoft today wrote off billions of dollars related to its Nokia acquisition, saying it's taking an "impairment charge" of US$7.6 billion, or nearly the full amount it paid for the Finnish firm's smartphone business and patents last year.
Ford drives into car-sharing... U.S. government ranked last on app security... Google intros free music streaming... and more tech news.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is concerned that data stolen from companies in cyberattacks is being used to conduct what effectively is insider trading, Reuters reported on Tuesday.
This may finally be the year that the U.S. Congress gives email and other documents stored in the cloud for several months the same privacy protections from police searches as newer files or paper records stored in a file cabinet, say backers of elec...
IT services company CSC will pay US$190 million to settle a case brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission over four-year-old charges that it violated U.S. antifraud, reporting, and books-and-records laws. The company did not admit guilt...
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has dropped its investigation into disclosures about Facebook advertising sales before the company went public in 2012.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is leery of bitcoin.
AT&T wants to silence a shareholder proposal that it disclose the government requests it receives for customer information, rejecting a step that Google, Microsoft and other Internet companies have already taken.
U.S. securities regulators questioned an early version of Twitter's initial public offering prospectus that claimed the social media company was becoming more profitable when it was actually losing increasing amounts of money.
A Texas man was charged on Tuesday in U.S. federal court with allegedly running a Bitcoin Ponzi scheme, allegedly siphoning the virtual currency from victims to pay for rent, food and gambling.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charged the Nasdaq stock exchange with violations of securities law for its "poor systems and decision-making" during Facebook's initial public offering, the agency has announced.
Government panel the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has given its approval for Japanese mobile carrier SoftBank to acquire a majority stake in Sprint Nextel in a US$20 billion deal.
A U.S. Senate committee has approved legislation that would give more privacy protection from government surveillance for data stored in the cloud.
A former CIO and vice president at networking hardware vendor Foundry Networks has been charged with insider trading in conjunction with the company's acquisition in 2008 by Brocade Communications Systems, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW