The Stop Online Piracy Act, the subject of a hearing before the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Wednesday, has generated heated debate since lawmakers introduced it on Oct. 26.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee will conduct a hearing on the controversial copyright enforcement bill, the Stop Online Piracy Act, on Wednesday, the committee has announced.
An upcoming version of U.S. legislation designed to combat copyright infringement on the Web may include provisions that hold online services such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube legally responsible for infringing material posted by users, according...
The main U.S. law targeting cybercrime may need to be changed because it has allowed law enforcement agencies to target people who simply violate websites' terms of service or their employers' computer use policies, two senators said Wednesday.
A group of U.S. senators pledged Tuesday to open up the country's borders to high-skill immigrants, with lawmakers arguing that the U.S. is turning away some of the world's smartest people.
A senior U.S. senator has urged two federal agencies to reject AT&T's proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA.
A U.S. senator has blocked a controversial bill that would enlist ISPs, search engines and other businesses in blocking access to alleged websites infringing copyright.
A U.S. senator wants Apple and Google to require some applications in their mobile app stores to have privacy policies as a way to protect users against location tracking.
A new bill introduced in the U.S. Senate would update a 25-year-old law that sets the rules for law enforcement surveillance of e-mail and other electronic communications, with more legal protections for the privacy of data stored in the cloud.
A U.S. senator resurrected year-old questions about Google Street View cars sniffing Wi-Fi networks Tuesday, when he questioned a company representative about a patent application covering a process to pinpoint location based on nearby Wi-Fi signals.
Representatives of Apple and Google denied that they are collecting the personal information of owners of smartphones running their operating systems, but a U.S. senator questioned whether those denials were accurate during a hearing Tuesday.
The U.S. Congress needs to rewrite a law governing law enforcement access to mobile-phone data, e-mail messages and other electronic communications to reflect changes in technology, including a growing reliance on cloud computing, several senators sa...
A U.S. Senate subcommittee focused on antitrust and consumer-protection issues will investigate competition in the search-engine and broadband markets over the next two years, the subcommittee chairman announced.
U.S senators will introduce legislation this year targeting websites that traffic in digital piracy or counterfeited goods, said the primary sponsor of a controversial bill proposed in 2010 that would give government agencies more authority to shut d...
The U.S. needs consistent rules for how law enforcement agencies can access the ever-growing collection of location-based data from mobile devices, a U.S. senator said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW