The U.S. Senate on Thursday failed to move forward on efforts to extend the section of the Patriot Act that the National Security Agency has used to collect millions of domestic telephone records.
Four U.S. senators ground the chamber's business to a halt Wednesday in an effort to prevent lawmakers from voting on a bill to extend portions of the Patriot Act used to collect telephone and business records from the country's residents.
A trade agreement that has digital rights groups worried gained traction this week, when lawmakers voted to end a filibuster of legislation that would fast-track trade deals through Congress.
The U.S. Department of Transportation should begin to research technologies to combat "rogue" drone flights around sensitive areas like the White House and airports, a senator has recommended.
U.S. Senator Rand Paul, a Republican presidential candidate, has introduced legislation that would overturn the Federal Communications Commission's recent net neutrality rules.
The majority leader of the U.S. Senate has introduced a bill that would extend the surveillance provisions of the Patriot Act until 2020, instead of expiring on June 1.
A lack of broadband service is limiting the deployment of telemedicine services in some places of the U.S., and not just remote rural areas, some experts say.
After two U.S. women were charged this week with conspiring to build bombs in support of terrorist groups, a U.S. senator wants two publications that include bomb-making instructions deleted from the Internet.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules allow the agency to police future network management practices and business models rolled out by broadband providers, raising concerns among critics that an activist commission wil...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules could open the door to rate regulation and could drive some small broadband providers out of business, some Senate Republicans said Wednesday.
A group of U.S. senators has revived an effort to require major online retailers to collect sales tax from shoppers.
Large music licensing services should have more freedom to negotiate rates paid by streaming music services, radio stations and commercial establishments where music is played, industry executives told U.S. lawmakers.
Four U.S. senators have resurrected legislation that would allow consumers to see and correct personal information held by data brokers and tell those businesses to stop sharing or selling it for marketing purposes.
A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
Some Democratic senators want new laws that mandate security and privacy measures on the Internet of Things, as concern grows over personal data collected by connected devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW