Iomega eGo Portable 500GB review: A solid, but unspectacular portable hard drive with 256-bit AES encryption
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 review: A chunky USB 3.0 thumbdrive
Western Digital My Passport Essential SE review: This 1TB portable hard drive offers USB 3.0 support
A 1TB external USB 3.0 hard drive that's quick and stylish
Seagate's Free Agent GoFlex is the first 1.5TB portable drive to market, but its performance in tests was a mixed bag.
Apple could build in USB 3.0 support in its future Macs to go alongside the high-speed Thunderbolt connection technology.
Microsoft is incorporating a software stack in its upcoming Windows 8 OS to natively support devices based on the USB 3.0 interconnect, which is in a battle for adoption with Intel's Thunderbolt.
Both LaCie and Iomega have introduced pocket-sized USB drives that use the speedy new USB 3.0 standard for transferring data. But why should you go with one manufacturer over the other?
USB-perhaps the most successful, versatile computer interface yet-is getting a major overhaul. The third version brings big improvements, including higher speeds and better power management. The first devices began hitting stores this year, and a flo...
Perhaps this is what USB 3.0 was invented for. Storage maker OCZ Technology has announced a new external drive that combines solid state drive (SSD) with SuperSpeed USB 3.0.
When you're in front of your PC, waiting for something to transfer to removable media, that's when seconds feel like minutes, and minutes feel like hours.
The Western Digital My Book 3.0 desktop external drive will be one of the first to market with the new SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface. Announced today, the 1TB version is available for sale today; the 2TB is due later this week. So does USB 3.0 deliver...
It seems as if we've been writing about USB 3.0 forever, but it has really been only about two years since Intel and other parties formed a promotional group for USB 3.0 in 2007. The spec was completed in November 2008, at which time the standard's b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia