Iomega eGo Portable 500GB review: A solid, but unspectacular portable hard drive with 256-bit AES encryption
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 review: A chunky USB 3.0 thumbdrive
Western Digital My Passport Essential SE review: This 1TB portable hard drive offers USB 3.0 support
A 1TB external USB 3.0 hard drive that's quick and stylish
Seagate's Free Agent GoFlex is the first 1.5TB portable drive to market, but its performance in tests was a mixed bag.
Apple could build in USB 3.0 support in its future Macs to go alongside the high-speed Thunderbolt connection technology.
Microsoft is incorporating a software stack in its upcoming Windows 8 OS to natively support devices based on the USB 3.0 interconnect, which is in a battle for adoption with Intel's Thunderbolt.
Both LaCie and Iomega have introduced pocket-sized USB drives that use the speedy new USB 3.0 standard for transferring data. But why should you go with one manufacturer over the other?
USB-perhaps the most successful, versatile computer interface yet-is getting a major overhaul. The third version brings big improvements, including higher speeds and better power management. The first devices began hitting stores this year, and a flo...
Perhaps this is what USB 3.0 was invented for. Storage maker OCZ Technology has announced a new external drive that combines solid state drive (SSD) with SuperSpeed USB 3.0.
When you're in front of your PC, waiting for something to transfer to removable media, that's when seconds feel like minutes, and minutes feel like hours.
The Western Digital My Book 3.0 desktop external drive will be one of the first to market with the new SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface. Announced today, the 1TB version is available for sale today; the 2TB is due later this week. So does USB 3.0 deliver...
It seems as if we've been writing about USB 3.0 forever, but it has really been only about two years since Intel and other parties formed a promotional group for USB 3.0 in 2007. The spec was completed in November 2008, at which time the standard's b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT