Starting late next year, it will become a tad easier to stream 4K video from mobile devices to ultra high-definition TVs.
USB Implementers Forum
Although data transfer rates on USB will double in the coming months, a standards-setting organization is researching ways to double that speed to 20Gbps.
The ubiquitous USB 3.0 connector is advancing to light-speed and longer-distance data transfers thanks to optical cables from Corning that started shipping on Tuesday.
The redesigned USB connector, belonging to the USB 3.1 specification, could be in laptops and mobile devices by the end of the year.
The WiGig high-speed wireless standard will power a new wireless version of USB through a deal between the Wi-Fi Alliance and the USB Implementers Forum.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 2 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 3 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
- 4 Asus Zenbook UX303LN Ultrabook
- 5 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google's Gmail appears to have been blocked by China at IP level
- 'The Interview' already Sony Pictures' top online film ever
- Sony: PlayStation Network is back online now, really
- Reports: North Korea's Internet access, mobile networks down
- PlayStation Network recovering after outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.