A U.S. federal jury has found that Novell and Red Hat were not guilty of infringing on user interface patents held by IP Innovation.
Google has released version 4.1 of Google Maps for Android, adding a constantly-updated map wallpaper, tweaking the way search results are displayed and adding a new Latitude widget for tracking your friends.
Nokia has turned in its proposal for the user interface in Symbian 4, with the goal of developing an interface that can compete with the iPhone and Google's Android OS.
In a small meeting room at the edge of the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show, a startup company is demonstrating a motion-sensing interface technology that could offer a radical new way for interacting with games, PCs and televisions.
Microsoft will offer Windows 7's ribbon-style application interface to Windows Vista users in an update this October, according to the company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT