Two decades ago, Novell's network operating system software was almost ubiquitous in the enterprise. Now, its current president wants to restore Novell to a similar level of prominence.
Eugene Bartley wanted to know if his files would eventually disappear from a cloud-based backup service.
Write ($2) is a text-editing app for the iPhone that offers Dropbox users a unique set of tools for creating standard text files and Markdown formatted text.
Oracle database users can now create snapshots and clones of the company's databases on a Sun ZFS Storage Appliance in one step, which should simplify both storage management and internal development in enterprises.
The official Dropbox app has arrived for Windows 8. It's been close to two months since Microsoft announced at the Build developer conference that the online file storage and sharing app was coming.
Hewlett-Packard is incorporating three different components, previously available separately, into its HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) automated testing application so developers can test all aspects of a multi-tiered application from a single in...
In a bid to help large businesses create and manage snapshots of application data across sprawling enterprise environments, CommVault is releasing the snapshot component of its Simpana suite as a standalone product.
Reflecting the growing need for automation tools in the enterprise, Quest Software has released a software package that could help Unix administrators better manage policy files that determine which users can access privileged material and programs o...
With some funding from Google and the U.S. Energy Department, a pair of computer scientists at Dartmouth University are updating the venerable grep and diff Unix command line utilities to handle more complex types of data.
Anyone familiar with Linux is probably familiar with virtual desktops. If you're not, download VirtuaWin and take a look. This utility takes your Windows desktop, clones it up to nineteen times, then lets you switch between them. The idea is to keep ...
Utilities and security apps are two of the most important categories of software that PC users download. From keeping your operating system slim and bloatware-free to eradicating cookies and spyware, these apps amply reward you for downloading them. ...
Altaro Software has started shipping Hyper-V Backup, a product designed to make it easier for small and medium-size companies to protect the data on their virtual servers.
Hard drive crashes are a nightmare for computer users for many reasons. Not only can data held dear to one's heart be lost, but trying to recover it can cost an arm and a leg, if not more. Hard drive maker Seagate attempts to address both those probl...
Addressing some of the chief problems faced by mainframe operators today, CA Technologies has updated its stack of mainframe management software to help cut costs and simplify management.
Online storage service Dropbox made an embarrassing error Monday, turning off password authentication for millions of users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia