Despite a big push over the past few years to use encryption to combat security breaches, lack of expertise among developers and overly complex libraries have led to widespread implementation failures in business applications.
Government organizations are struggling when it comes to securing the computer software they use, which could partially explain the large data breaches reported in that sector over the past several years.
In the latest blow to Internet of Things (IoT) security, an analysis of smart home devices has found flaws that could give attackers access to sensitive data or allow them to control door locks and sensors.
In today's world of agile software development and fast release cycles, developers increasingly rely on third-party libraries and components to get the job done. Since many of those libraries come from long-running, open-source projects, developers o...
Cross-site scripting flaws are the most prevalent vulnerabilities found in Web applications, posing a risk to data and intellectual property, according to a study of thousands of applications by vendor Veracode.
A Web hack that can endanger online banking transactions is ranked the No. 1 new Web hacking technique for 2010 in a top 10 list selected by a panel of experts and open voting.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW