Verizon makes bid for AOL ... Public Wi-Fi set for speed boost ... Mac security product opens critical hole on Macs ... and more tech news.
Lyft is looking to better compete against larger rival Uber through a partnership with Verizon Wireless.
Verizon customers can now opt out of having a unique identifier placed on their phones that critics have labelled a 'supercookie' because it's almost impossible to remove.
The net neutrality debate in the U.S. over the past year has been filled with hyperbole, speculation and questionable claims, coming from both sides of the debate.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has fined Verizon US$3.4 million over its failure to notify police and fire departments during a 911 service outage last year.
To buy or not to buy? That's the question right now as the Motorola Xoom, Google's first Android Honeycomb tablet, gets ready to make its grand debut.
On Wednesday today, Motorola introduced the Droid X -- the company's response to the Apple iPhone 4.
After weeks of ads teasing us with glimpses of a handset that could do what iPhones don't Verizon Wireless finally unveiled the Droid by Motorola. This is an impressive phone that flexes its raw data and graphics processing muscle as much as its does...
Marc Lefevre is the up-to-date, real-life equivalent of the "Can you hear me now?" guy from the Verizon Wireless TV ads that grew popular in 2004.
Many iPhone customers have already decided to switch carriers, if AT&T wants to keep them the time to act is now. AT&T cannot wait until Verizon and others appear at its door.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW