SAP and Versata Software have abruptly settled a long-running patent dispute that dates back to 2007, and of late had SAP facing the prospect of paying a US$391 million judgment.
The U.S. Supreme Court rejected an appeal from SAP of a US$391 million judgment given to Versata Software in a patent lawsuit the latter filed, but SAP is vowing to fight onward.
An appeals court has rejected SAP's attempt to overturn a US$345 million judgment awarded to Versata Software, which had brought a patent-infringement case against the software maker.
A federal jury has ordered SAP to pay Versata Software damages of $US345 million in connection with a patent infringement lawsuit.
A federal judge has set aside the $US139 million judgment against SAP that a jury awarded Versata Software in August 2009, according to a ruling filed Thursday in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC