SAP and Versata Software have abruptly settled a long-running patent dispute that dates back to 2007, and of late had SAP facing the prospect of paying a US$391 million judgment.
The U.S. Supreme Court rejected an appeal from SAP of a US$391 million judgment given to Versata Software in a patent lawsuit the latter filed, but SAP is vowing to fight onward.
An appeals court has rejected SAP's attempt to overturn a US$345 million judgment awarded to Versata Software, which had brought a patent-infringement case against the software maker.
A federal jury has ordered SAP to pay Versata Software damages of $US345 million in connection with a patent infringement lawsuit.
A federal judge has set aside the $US139 million judgment against SAP that a jury awarded Versata Software in August 2009, according to a ruling filed Thursday in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn overhauls its desktop website
- Switches coming out this year will drive open networking forward
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Facebook plans new data center in Denmark
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW