Google and Viacom have settled a 2007 lawsuit in which Viacom originally demanded US$1 billion from Google for what it said was massive copyright infringement on YouTube.
The music industry's lawsuit against a popular YouTube channel this week could indicate that publishers are looking for savvier ways to attack piracy besides going after YouTube itself, a legal expert said.
A federal court in New York has denied class certification to copyright owners in an infringement lawsuit against YouTube over unauthorized hosting of content, stating that copyright claims have only superficial similarities.
Eight former staff members of the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee are now lobbying on behalf of companies or groups supporting controversial copyright enforcement legislation in Congress, an example of the close ties often found bet...
Time Warner has asked a judge to rule on whether it has the right to let customers stream cable content to their iPads, a question that has lit up debate among content providers, cable companies and their customers over the past weeks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCDeveloper - Tag managementNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA