Google and Viacom have settled a 2007 lawsuit in which Viacom originally demanded US$1 billion from Google for what it said was massive copyright infringement on YouTube.
The music industry's lawsuit against a popular YouTube channel this week could indicate that publishers are looking for savvier ways to attack piracy besides going after YouTube itself, a legal expert said.
A federal court in New York has denied class certification to copyright owners in an infringement lawsuit against YouTube over unauthorized hosting of content, stating that copyright claims have only superficial similarities.
Eight former staff members of the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee are now lobbying on behalf of companies or groups supporting controversial copyright enforcement legislation in Congress, an example of the close ties often found bet...
Time Warner has asked a judge to rule on whether it has the right to let customers stream cable content to their iPads, a question that has lit up debate among content providers, cable companies and their customers over the past weeks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW