Google and Viacom have settled a 2007 lawsuit in which Viacom originally demanded US$1 billion from Google for what it said was massive copyright infringement on YouTube.
The music industry's lawsuit against a popular YouTube channel this week could indicate that publishers are looking for savvier ways to attack piracy besides going after YouTube itself, a legal expert said.
A federal court in New York has denied class certification to copyright owners in an infringement lawsuit against YouTube over unauthorized hosting of content, stating that copyright claims have only superficial similarities.
Eight former staff members of the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee are now lobbying on behalf of companies or groups supporting controversial copyright enforcement legislation in Congress, an example of the close ties often found bet...
Time Warner has asked a judge to rule on whether it has the right to let customers stream cable content to their iPads, a question that has lit up debate among content providers, cable companies and their customers over the past weeks.
Media giant Viacom announced plans to sell Rock Band developer Harmonix during its third quarter financial results report this morning. Support for the franchise and Dance Central will continue.
Viacom's $1 billion copyright infringement lawsuit against Google's video-sharing site YouTube has been dismissed by the court, ending for now an acrimonious legal battle between the companies that has been going on for more than three years.
Viacom's US$1 billion copyright infringement lawsuit against Google's video-sharing site YouTube has been dismissed by the court, ending for now an acrimonious legal battle between the companies that has been going on for more than three years.
If you love an old-fashioned courtroom battle with a new media twist, the Google vs. Viacom copyright-infringement case makes for great entertainment. This lengthy (and particularly pissy) quarrel, which dates back to 2007, centers on Viacom's claim ...
Google and Viacom exchanged corporate unpleasantries on Thursday after the release of previously sealed documents in Viacom's three-year-old lawsuit against Google alleging copyright infringement on YouTube.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA