A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
Technical details and a proof-of-concept exploit have been published for a recently announced Android vulnerability that potentially affects millions of devices and allows attackers to turn legitimate apps into Trojan programs.
The best way to protect business information on smartphones from cybercriminals is to leave that information off smartphones, according to a mobile security expert.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC