A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
Technical details and a proof-of-concept exploit have been published for a recently announced Android vulnerability that potentially affects millions of devices and allows attackers to turn legitimate apps into Trojan programs.
The best way to protect business information on smartphones from cybercriminals is to leave that information off smartphones, according to a mobile security expert.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
- Google wants to bring smart tools to Raspberry Pi-like boards
- How to create and restore an image backup in Windows 10
- China goes after unauthorised VPN access from local ISPs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCSAP Test Manager - CRMNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD