A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
Technical details and a proof-of-concept exploit have been published for a recently announced Android vulnerability that potentially affects millions of devices and allows attackers to turn legitimate apps into Trojan programs.
The best way to protect business information on smartphones from cybercriminals is to leave that information off smartphones, according to a mobile security expert.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC