The Australian video and computer games industry tipped over the $2 billion mark in 2013, with traditional hard-copy retail sales hitting $1.14bn and digital sales reaching an estimated $899 million, according to data from NPD Group Australia.
Willem Dafoe, star of movies such as Spider-man and Auto Focus, will be starring in Beyond: Two Souls, the latest title from developer Quantic Dream.
In addition to announcing that SimCity has gone gold, EA is letting players participate in a second round of beta testing.
The video game industry in Australia netted $1.161 billion in revenue last year, according to the Interactive Games & Entertainment Association (iGEA).
PlayStation 3 role playing game, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, in available now domestically at retailers and on the PlayStation Store.
Ubisoft’s ShootMania Storm has been pencilled for release on April 10, with an open beta starting on February 12.
Namco Bandai has set the A/NZ release of Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 for March 7.
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! was a surprise hit on the Nintendo DS when it came out in 2006.
It is a challenging task for a developer to release yearly updates to games, as there is usually not enough time to do a significant overhaul in graphics engines and gameplay.
When the original Tekken Tag Tournament was released, it was a launch title for the PlayStation 2
The original Darksiders literally came out nowhere in 2010.
Following the integration of GamePro content into the PC World website in December 2010, the PC World team has expanded its focus to covering the latest video game industry experts, in addition to reviewing the most recently-released gaming titles.
Word seems to have gotten out that there's a new Spider-Man game coming. We have no idea where that came from, but we do know that the web-slinger's next video game adventure will be shown to its ideal audience next weekend, as Spider-Man: Shattered ...
A study published in the March 2010 issue of Psychological Bulletin claims that it proves a connection between violent video games and aggressive children. Study leader Professor Craig Anderson of Iowa State University said, "exposure to violent vide...
An independent 2009 games sector census reveals marginal growth in U.S. games industry since 2008, while Canada explodes with new development studios and job opportunities.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- Uber finally agrees to reveal diversity data
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Network Specialist - IPVPN EdgeVIC
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- TP.Net Software DeveloperQLD
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Team LeadQLD
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTJava Development Lead/ / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Communications Officer | SharePointQLD
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTJuniper Network SpecialistVIC
- CCCommunications Network EngineerWA
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTEAM Delivery Manager - SAPNSW