The Australian video and computer games industry tipped over the $2 billion mark in 2013, with traditional hard-copy retail sales hitting $1.14bn and digital sales reaching an estimated $899 million, according to data from NPD Group Australia.
Willem Dafoe, star of movies such as Spider-man and Auto Focus, will be starring in Beyond: Two Souls, the latest title from developer Quantic Dream.
In addition to announcing that SimCity has gone gold, EA is letting players participate in a second round of beta testing.
The video game industry in Australia netted $1.161 billion in revenue last year, according to the Interactive Games & Entertainment Association (iGEA).
PlayStation 3 role playing game, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, in available now domestically at retailers and on the PlayStation Store.
Ubisoft’s ShootMania Storm has been pencilled for release on April 10, with an open beta starting on February 12.
Namco Bandai has set the A/NZ release of Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 for March 7.
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! was a surprise hit on the Nintendo DS when it came out in 2006.
It is a challenging task for a developer to release yearly updates to games, as there is usually not enough time to do a significant overhaul in graphics engines and gameplay.
When the original Tekken Tag Tournament was released, it was a launch title for the PlayStation 2
The original Darksiders literally came out nowhere in 2010.
Following the integration of GamePro content into the PC World website in December 2010, the PC World team has expanded its focus to covering the latest video game industry experts, in addition to reviewing the most recently-released gaming titles.
Word seems to have gotten out that there's a new Spider-Man game coming. We have no idea where that came from, but we do know that the web-slinger's next video game adventure will be shown to its ideal audience next weekend, as Spider-Man: Shattered ...
A study published in the March 2010 issue of Psychological Bulletin claims that it proves a connection between violent video games and aggressive children. Study leader Professor Craig Anderson of Iowa State University said, "exposure to violent vide...
An independent 2009 games sector census reveals marginal growth in U.S. games industry since 2008, while Canada explodes with new development studios and job opportunities.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 5G is coming, but don't get carried away, T-Mobile USA's CTO says
- Lenovo's Yoga 720 brings a bit of game with discrete GTX 1050 graphics
- Lenovo innovation goes on a break with Tab 4 Android tablets
- Lenovo's $199 Miix 320 laptop may challenge cheap Chromebooks
- MediaTek wants to put its new 10-core chip in $300 VR smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- CCTest ManagerWA
- FTSupport Analyst / Production Support - InformaticaNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Team Leader | ArchitectQLD
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT