The Australian video and computer games industry tipped over the $2 billion mark in 2013, with traditional hard-copy retail sales hitting $1.14bn and digital sales reaching an estimated $899 million, according to data from NPD Group Australia.
Willem Dafoe, star of movies such as Spider-man and Auto Focus, will be starring in Beyond: Two Souls, the latest title from developer Quantic Dream.
In addition to announcing that SimCity has gone gold, EA is letting players participate in a second round of beta testing.
The video game industry in Australia netted $1.161 billion in revenue last year, according to the Interactive Games & Entertainment Association (iGEA).
PlayStation 3 role playing game, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, in available now domestically at retailers and on the PlayStation Store.
Ubisoft’s ShootMania Storm has been pencilled for release on April 10, with an open beta starting on February 12.
Namco Bandai has set the A/NZ release of Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 for March 7.
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! was a surprise hit on the Nintendo DS when it came out in 2006.
It is a challenging task for a developer to release yearly updates to games, as there is usually not enough time to do a significant overhaul in graphics engines and gameplay.
When the original Tekken Tag Tournament was released, it was a launch title for the PlayStation 2
The original Darksiders literally came out nowhere in 2010.
Following the integration of GamePro content into the PC World website in December 2010, the PC World team has expanded its focus to covering the latest video game industry experts, in addition to reviewing the most recently-released gaming titles.
Word seems to have gotten out that there's a new Spider-Man game coming. We have no idea where that came from, but we do know that the web-slinger's next video game adventure will be shown to its ideal audience next weekend, as Spider-Man: Shattered ...
A study published in the March 2010 issue of Psychological Bulletin claims that it proves a connection between violent video games and aggressive children. Study leader Professor Craig Anderson of Iowa State University said, "exposure to violent vide...
An independent 2009 games sector census reveals marginal growth in U.S. games industry since 2008, while Canada explodes with new development studios and job opportunities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, Aug. 3
- China clamps down on exports of drones and supercomputers
- Airbnb guest suspected of stealing $35k from San Francisco home
- Nokia reaches deal to sell Here business to Audi, BMW Group and Daimler
- Indian government orders ISPs to block 857 porn websites
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC